Skip to main content

10 things you probably don't know about me


10 Things you probably don't know about me...

  1.  I don't really have a favorite color. I like a lot of different colors and I choose a certain color based on what I am needing it for, not because it is my favorite. 
  2. I didn't start drinking coffee until September of 2016... now I can't seem to live without it! (Sipping some hazelnut coffee right now as I try to think of these 10 things!)
  3. My hair really is naturally red.... and curly! (I have it straightened in the picture above). The part you might not know is that about every 18 months I go and get it cut off and donate my hair to locks 4 love. I have been doing this for about 10 years now. (Its about time for me to go do it again)
  4. My celebrity crush is Chris Hemsworth as Thor.... (drool)
  5. I wanted to be a lawyer when I was a kid.... I still think about it but I'm too old...
  6. I play Second Life.... Its like a grown up version of Barbie meets Sims. I'm a content creator and make virtual clothes and furniture and stuff.... I really want to learn how to make my own meshes.
  7.  I did Not vote for Trump.... (not going into this subject)
  8. I just finished watching the series Heartland on Netflix and loved it. I was on a binge watching spree. Its kind of corny and reminds me of those hallmark specials, but I really enjoyed it. I wish it wasn't over. Now I don't know what I am going to watch.
  9. My all time favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. I get so sad every time the season ends and I have to wait months for the next episode to start. (I also like True Blood and Game of Thrones but those are on cable channels, I was referring to public television channels that everyone gets)
  10. I am actually afraid of the super volcano erupting in Yellowstone National Park during my lifetime. That would be terrifying and its something I actually think about alot.
So these are 10 random things about me that you probably didn't know... if you know me at all that is. If you don't know me, now you have 10 things about me and will learn more as this blog progresses. 

I am starting this blog as more or less a personal journey of my life, where I am now, where I have been and what I dream of for the future. 

Who am I? I am a mother of four (all whom are adults now but still live at home. As this blog progresses, you will learn a lot more about them as well and how I deal with having 4 adult children + 1 extra living in my home). I am married to a wonderful man who has been with me for 16+ years. We actually renewed our wedding vows last November 2016 for our 15th wedding anniversary. 

This is my first blog, I have a lot to say and I want to have a place to say it. I feel that starting this blog will help me express myself and my opinions and views, as well as a place to document my trials and errors when I try a new pintrest recipe or craft! (Yes I have had a few disasters!) I am hoping to video some of these to add to my blog as they happen so anyone who reads this can laugh along with me. 

I am also planning on talking a lot about my weight loss, my progress, what I have tried, where I have failed, and documenting as much as I can so I have a way to look back and see patterns, what helps me and what doesn't. I started my weight loss journey in August 2016, my highest weight was 333 lbs. Since then I have lost 144 lbs and I will talk a lot more about this in future blog post. 

I think this is enough for now, a good start to what I hope is a successful blog. To me, my success will come if looking back at my post and just having a place to write and vent helps me, then I have achieved my success. 

Thank you for reading and I look forward to sharing more with you another time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OMG PIZZA!!

Since I started my weight loss journey, I have been eating low carb high protein diet. I avoid bread like it was the plague, but I must admit, I sure do miss some things! And one of those things is Pizza! I can't really stomach eating the crust (or anything bread related), it just sits too heavy in my stomach and is very uncomfortable, sometimes painfully so. It has been almost a year now since I had my surgery, and I was determined that I was going to have pizza! I searched high and low for low carb pizza crust recipes and came across several. One of them uses cauliflower to make the crust, but cauliflower is just so darn expensive! Others use almond flour (again super expensive!) or some weird strange ingredients I have never heard of. And then I came across this one... It seemed almost too good to be true! Super simple ingredients that don't cost an arm and a leg. I must admit, I was skeptical! The recipe seemed too easy, and didn't sound like something that would ho

My 44th birthday!

Today is my birthday! I can't hardly believe it, I am 44 years old today and feel half that age! My celebration started last weekend, Saturday we had a gathering of friends and family. My parents, my brother and his family, my best friend and her husband and another friend from the club I'm a member of came over, in addition to the 7 in my family alone. We sat around my new fire pit area complete with benches that my husband built for me for my birthday! Had a few drinks, some appetizers and had a good time. This year for my birthday, my oldest son took me out to lunch and then bought me a new hummingbird feeder that I wanted. And the hummingbirds enjoy it too :) Then my oldest daughter took me to Kohls to buy some new shoes that I needed to have for working purposes. Following that, she took me to Bed Bath and Beyond where I got some nice smelly good stuff, and then we went to Starbucks where she treated me to a pumpkin spice coffee that was delicious! My you

Trying new Recipes...

I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately that I find on Pintrest and thought I would share and review my opinion on a few of them that I have recently made.... Starting with, low carb bread . So one thing on a low carb diet, bread is pretty much out the door. I don't really miss it as there are a lot of substitutes that work great for bread, but every now and then I want an ooie gooie grilled cheese sandwich. Not having bread makes this a bit difficult. So I looked up a recipe for a low carb bread and decided to give it a try. As you can see, my bread turned out pretty nice. Had a nice brown crust to it, my toothpick came out nice and clean, sure looks like bread! I dumped it out of the loaf pan and onto a plate so I could cut it and store it easier. It came out okay... I probably should have greased the pan a bit better, it did leave some of the bread behind on the bottom, but that's ok, I still have a good looking loaf of bread that I can eat! I get everyth