Skip to main content

My 44th birthday!

Today is my birthday! I can't hardly believe it, I am 44 years old today and feel half that age!
My celebration started last weekend, Saturday we had a gathering of friends and family. My parents, my brother and his family, my best friend and her husband and another friend from the club I'm a member of came over, in addition to the 7 in my family alone. We sat around my new fire pit area complete with benches that my husband built for me for my birthday! Had a few drinks, some appetizers and had a good time.

This year for my birthday, my oldest son took me out to lunch and then bought me a new hummingbird feeder that I wanted. And the hummingbirds enjoy it too :)
Then my oldest daughter took me to Kohls to buy some new shoes that I needed to have for working purposes. Following that, she took me to Bed Bath and Beyond where I got some nice smelly good stuff, and then we went to Starbucks where she treated me to a pumpkin spice coffee that was delicious!

My youngest son, he also took me out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, paid for us to go see the movie IT on Saturday and surprised me with a new Futon! I was wanting one for extra seating in the living room and also to have something for overnight guest to sleep on. 

This morning (on my actual Birthday), I walked up to Denny's and got my free birthday breakfast. Good thing it was free too because I could not even eat a 1/4 of what they gave me! My oldest son walked up there with me for breakfast. 

And tonight, my husband is cooking me dinner, and afterward, we get my delicious banana poke cake (I will post a recipe for this in another post).

This has been a very good birthday. I really enjoyed having all the family and friends over to help me celebrate. My boys worked hard on the yard, front and back making it all look pretty for me and my husband worked hard making my firepit area how I wanted it.

Comments

  1. You look amazing and i am happy for every year i get with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OMG PIZZA!!

Since I started my weight loss journey, I have been eating low carb high protein diet. I avoid bread like it was the plague, but I must admit, I sure do miss some things! And one of those things is Pizza! I can't really stomach eating the crust (or anything bread related), it just sits too heavy in my stomach and is very uncomfortable, sometimes painfully so. It has been almost a year now since I had my surgery, and I was determined that I was going to have pizza! I searched high and low for low carb pizza crust recipes and came across several. One of them uses cauliflower to make the crust, but cauliflower is just so darn expensive! Others use almond flour (again super expensive!) or some weird strange ingredients I have never heard of. And then I came across this one... It seemed almost too good to be true! Super simple ingredients that don't cost an arm and a leg. I must admit, I was skeptical! The recipe seemed too easy, and didn't sound like something that would ho

Trying new Recipes...

I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately that I find on Pintrest and thought I would share and review my opinion on a few of them that I have recently made.... Starting with, low carb bread . So one thing on a low carb diet, bread is pretty much out the door. I don't really miss it as there are a lot of substitutes that work great for bread, but every now and then I want an ooie gooie grilled cheese sandwich. Not having bread makes this a bit difficult. So I looked up a recipe for a low carb bread and decided to give it a try. As you can see, my bread turned out pretty nice. Had a nice brown crust to it, my toothpick came out nice and clean, sure looks like bread! I dumped it out of the loaf pan and onto a plate so I could cut it and store it easier. It came out okay... I probably should have greased the pan a bit better, it did leave some of the bread behind on the bottom, but that's ok, I still have a good looking loaf of bread that I can eat! I get everyth